[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 997: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 997: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 997: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 997: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
superduke forum • View topic - Any experience with 41T sprocket on 1290?

Any experience with 41T sprocket on 1290?

problems . solutions . product reviews . tips
cmat1120
Minimoto racer

Any experience with 41T sprocket on 1290?

Postby cmat1120 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:12 am

I'm looking to do chain and sprockets on my 1290 as the previous owener put a cheap chain on and I think the sprockets are a bit worn. I'm planning on replacing the front sprocket with an oem to keep the big rubber damping. That leaves my options to changing the rear to 39-42 if I get a superlite, but I've heard about issues with those. Supersprox offers rear sprockets in 38,39 and 41 tooths. I want to go higher than oem so that the higher gears are more useful(and I couldn't care less about top speed), but I don't want a completely obnoxious ride either as I do commute in traffic on this.

I've found lots of posts about 16/38 and 17/40 but not many about 17/41 so I was hoping some people here might have experience they could share.

Thanks!

joe1290
Minimoto racer

Re: Any experience with 41T sprocket on 1290?

Postby joe1290 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:13 pm

There are other options. JT do a dampened 16t-17t, but this is the only place I can find them. They do entire kits for a good price and shipping is cheap and super fast.

https://www.carpimoto.com/en-US/

I'm running the 16t up front and find it much more usable than stock.

Return to Technical - Dr F's Words of Wisdom