[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 997: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 997: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 997: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 997: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
superduke forum • View topic - Re: Superduke Graphics Templates PDFs

Re: Superduke Graphics Templates PDFs

problems . solutions . product reviews . tips
Dirtydutch
Minimoto racer

Re: Superduke Graphics Templates PDFs

Postby Dirtydutch » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:27 pm

Hey guys been on a road trip for the weekend , and a new issue emergd.

While the 990 doesnt have a gear indicator i sometimes shift to 6 when in 6 . Normal procedure you think, butt now the shifter feels stuck when i try downshifting, and takes somes finessing to get in to 5th.

I have no idea what it could be .
Last edited by Dirtydutch on Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

AGRO!
Master of the twisties

Re: Sticky 6

Postby AGRO! » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:58 am

Dirtydutch
Minimoto racer

Postby Dirtydutch » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:33 am

I have cleaned the jet last year ,wil give it another go.

Dirtydutch
Minimoto racer

Postby Dirtydutch » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:32 am

I found this ,https://advrider.com/f/threads/990-halp-cant-downshift.1160602/

I have checked the mechanism but weld looks pristine.

I going to disassemble it to be sure.

Dirtydutch
Minimoto racer

Postby Dirtydutch » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:10 pm

All was disassembled , but i have found nothing out of the ordinary .

Went for a drive ,still sticking in 6th gear .

SUPER DUKE #1
Two wheeled terror

Postby SUPER DUKE #1 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:12 am

Two things I would try or check, 1. the shift quadrant/shift shaft alignment to the shift drum "star". Make sure the "hooks" of the quadrant are of equal distance from the pins of the "star" when a gear is engaged (see illustration points "A"). If not in perfect and equal distance from the pins then the transmission will shift well in one direction and not the other because it cannot fully rotate the shift drum by the hook that is farther away from the star's pin. I drew a (red) line that is in perfect center alignment through the three points of the center of the shift shaft, the sliding rivet of the quadrant and the center of the shift drum star (mounting screw). When points "A" are in equal distance from the shift drum star those three points will be in perfect alignment. If not then you have to adjust the distance by bending one arm of the crossover centering spring behind the quadrant (#11 in the added Ill below the quadrant ill).

I would also consider replacing the shift star roller detent arm spring with a new one. (#22 in the added illustration below the quadrant ill.) This is the spring that puts tension on the roller that positions the star as it rolls or moves to each gear change. If it is weak it will hang the star up in a position to not fully engage or disengage the drum/gear/star and not allow the quadrant hooks to grab a pin to move it. If you have ever moved a shift star by hand and felt the detent roller arm spring move the star as it goes over a star peak you can understand what the spring's tension is there to help do. When it gets weak things don't work as they should.

SD#1

Return to Technical - Dr F's Words of Wisdom