[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 997: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 997: Use of undefined constant personal_album_id - assumed 'personal_album_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 997: Use of undefined constant gu - assumed 'gu' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 997: Use of undefined constant user_images - assumed 'user_images' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3901)
superduke forum • View topic - regulator question

regulator question

problems . solutions . product reviews . tips
buddieb
Two wheeled terror

regulator question

Postby buddieb » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:08 pm

hi there dukers,i have been blowing fuses and am swapping out the regulator,but one of the connections has been bypassed by someone and i just want to ask if it make any difference which sides the two red and white stripped wires should connect to the spade connections. These are the wires into the little white box in the photo??
a fan of the beared clam

buddieb
Two wheeled terror

Re: regulator question

Postby buddieb » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:11 pm

cant upload photo ffs,on the regulator there is one cable for battery,one with a flat brown connection and a small white box,its the white one,and why would this have been done in the first place if anyone knows please
a fan of the beared clam

No. 47
Master of the twisties

Postby No. 47 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:52 pm

The wiring diagram on page 325 of the rebuild manual shows the two red and white striped wires being spliced together on the loom side of the connector so I guess it shouldn't make a difference which is connected to which (but I'm no electrician........................).

As I and others on here have said though, I recommend junking the OE part and fitting one of these https://www.regulatorrectifier.com/cata ... +Rectifier which is hard wired to the battery itself for charging and does not use the white connector.
'08 ex-Battle race KTM Superduke 990 R No.47
'08 OE KTM Superduke 990 R
'01 Ducati 996S

buddieb
Two wheeled terror

Postby buddieb » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:17 pm

thanks a mill No.47,will look at them next time,unfortunately already have the new one from ktm.
will give it a go and hope all goes well
a fan of the beared clam

Return to Technical - Dr F's Words of Wisdom