Custom LED integrated tail light

For all 1290 related problems . solutions . product reviews . tips

Would you like to "pre-order" a Custom LED tail light?

YES
78%
NO
22%

Total votes : 23

DukeSuper14
Minimoto racer

Custom LED integrated tail light

Postby DukeSuper14 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:13 am

One of the first mods I did to my last bike and one of the first mods I would like to do with my new 1290 is an integrated tail light. Because I was unable to locate any integrated tail lights for the 1290, I contacted Custom LED to inquire about a tail light becoming available. After sending a few photos of the OEM tail light, I was informed that there were currently no plans to produce a integrated tail light for the 1290. But, if we are able to provide 40 "pre-orders" for $125USD, then Custom LED would develop an integrated tail light for the 1290. I'm not sure if $125USD would be the final cost of the tail light, or just a "down payment" to cover some of the development costs. Most of there current products range from $99USD to $150USD. ( I can get more definite numbers if individuals are interested ) The tail light would be Custom LED's Blaster-X design with all the latest features. More information about there design can be found on there website: www.customled.com These tail lights are extremely bright and outstanding quality. All of there tail lights are also completely plug and play. Please vote if you would like to pre-order a tail light so that I can gauge interest and pass this on to Custom LED. I can hopefully answer any questions or get answers for you. Thanks.

ktmguy
Site Admin

Re: Custom LED integrated tail light

Postby ktmguy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:06 am

Hopefully the design would be better so the mounting tabs don't break off. If they do that I'm probably on for that reason alone.
If you don't do anything stupid when young, you have nothing to smile about when old!

crabman
Minimoto racer

Postby crabman » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:09 pm

I'm interested in an integrated tail light for sure. Would want to see more info and details before I spend my $$
2014 Black Superduke 1290
2013 Ducati Multistrada1200 Pikes Peak
2010 BMW S1000RR

DukeSuper14
Minimoto racer

Postby DukeSuper14 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:24 am

ktmguy wrote:Hopefully the design would be better so the mounting tabs don't break off. If they do that I'm probably on for that reason alone.

The integrated tail light I purchased from Custom LED for my previous bike was of outstanding quality. Fit and finish were spot on, no issues, plug and play. I will inform Custom LED of this issue if/when development starts to possibly improve the thickness of the mounting tabs and/or add foam to help support light. Customer service is also top notch.

crabman wrote:I'm interested in an integrated tail light for sure. Would want to see more info and details before I spend my $$

Here is a better link to all the features of a Custom LED tail light: http://www.customled.com/pages/custom-l ... ail-lights

Here is a link to youtube for a FZ09 Custom LED integrated tail light: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP1pInQ ... 7IFZvsiD_w

MikeyHans

Postby MikeyHans » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:00 pm

Doesn't look like much movement on this since December, but has anyone seen anything?

DukeSuper14
Minimoto racer

Postby DukeSuper14 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:30 pm

MikeyHans wrote:Doesn't look like much movement on this since December, but has anyone seen anything?

So far, not enough interest for the Custom LED tail.

A individual on another forum found an integrated tail light on eBay, but to my knowledge is only available in clear. No dark/smoke. http://m.ebay.de/itm/331458249201?_mwBanner=1

Turkishexpress
Two wheeled terror

Postby Turkishexpress » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:09 am

We did this same thing for the Multistrada 1200 community through Custom LED and the final price was $150 for us shipped. I was one of the first ones to get mine and the product was outstanding. I'd be all over this if it ever comes to fruition.
2015 SuperDuke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 (Track)

Turkishexpress
Two wheeled terror

Postby Turkishexpress » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:14 am

Also I checked with these guys and they do ship to the US

http://boutique.2a4.fr/feu-led-cligno-i ... 23722.html
2015 SuperDuke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 (Track)

bedart20
Minimoto racer

Postby bedart20 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:00 pm

Turkishexpress wrote:Also I checked with these guys and they do ship to the US

http://boutique.2a4.fr/feu-led-cligno-i ... 23722.html

they say they ship to the US but their entire site is in French. I've been emailing their customer support back and forth and they said the best thing would be to set up a profile on their website with my US address and they would then be able to ship to that address. Only problem is, there is no US or America option in the drop down menu...

Please let me know if anyone finds anything else out on this issue as this is a product I definitely want (as we all should).

kaiserlover
Minimoto racer

Postby kaiserlover » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:02 am

DukeSuper14 wrote:One of the first mods I did to my last bike and one of the first mods I would like to do with my new 1290 is an integrated tail light. Because I was unable to locate any integrated tail lights for the 1290, I contacted Custom LED to inquire about a tail light becoming available. After sending a few photos of the OEM tail light, I was informed that there were currently no plans to produce a integrated tail light for the 1290. But, if we are able to provide 40 "pre-orders" for $125USD, then Custom LED would develop an integrated tail light for the 1290. I'm not sure if $125USD would be the final cost of the tail light, or just a "down payment" to cover some of the development costs. Most of there current products range from $99USD to $150USD. ( I can get more definite numbers if individuals are interested ) The tail light would be Custom LED's Blaster-X design with all the latest features. More information about there design can be found on there website: http://www.customled.com These tail lights are extremely bright and outstanding quality. All of there tail lights are also completely plug and play. Please vote if you would like to pre-order a tail light so that I can gauge interest and pass this on to Custom LED. I can hopefully answer any questions or get answers for you. Thanks.

hi I tried to get jon from custom led to make me the tail light by giving him pictures and part photos from the parts catalog. I don't think he is interested. should we try again to find more guys?

Growler48
Two wheeled terror

Postby Growler48 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:45 am

Resurrecting this thread. Would love to get in integrated tail light for my bike!
2014 SuperDuke 1290 R BLACK! 8)

Return to Technical [SDR 1290]